The Value of Going Organic with your Lawn
With the present awareness to create a more eco-friendly environment, more people are switching to organic lawn care. This has become a popular trend because it makes use of 100% natural products, which are safer than chemical fertilizers. These are beneficial not only to your lawn but to your children and pets, as well.
How Organic Lawn Care Works
The soil is home to millions of microbes, which when fed with organic fertilizers will produce nutrients for the grass. So, by increasing organic matter, the amount of nutrients also increases, making the grass healthier and stronger. Organic lawn maintenance is therefore, contributory to healthy microbe population.
As the soil’s health improves, the quantity of inputs that you need for healthy microbe population maintenance decreases. Therefore, there is less need for fertilization. This means that you can have a beautiful and healthy lawn by spending less time, effort, and money in maintaining it.
Benefits of Organic Lawn Care
- Improves the growth of roots. Organic lawn care products slowly release nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous into the soil. These are then absorbed by the grass roots in small quantities. As a result, roots grow better and stronger. At the same time, they look more fibrous.
- Enhances the health of the soil. Organic treatments have the ability to retain moisture for a longer period. In doing so, it improves its texture, allowing it to loosen and to become more porous.
- Fully biodegradable. Since organic fertilizer is composed of entirely natural products, it is fully biodegradable, which means that it leaves no toxic residue behind.
- Safe for the soil and its organisms. Organic products are not harmful to the microbes and organisms present in the soil. These include the earthworm, fungi, and good bacteria, which the grass and plants benefit from.
- Safe for everyone. Organic lawn treatment has no chemicals that can cause any harmful reactions. So, it is safe for the person who applies it and for people and pets that use the lawn.
- Reduced soil and water pollution. Organic fertilizers will not harm wildlife, fish, and other animals because they do not contain concentrated nitrogen excretions that are bio-hazardous to them.
- Remains for a long time in the soil to enrich it even more. Unlike chemical fertilizers that easily gets washed away by rains or too much watering, the soil can benefit from organic lawn treatment for a longer time.
- Enhances the quality of grass. Using organic law treatment makes grass look greener, thicker, and lusher. Best of all, it makes grass stronger to naturally protect against diseases and pests, crowd out weeds, and resist drought.
- No overfeeding. When using organic fertilizers, there is no danger for the grass to be overfed with nutrients.
- Helps in the process of photosynthesis. Organic manure emits carbon-dioxide, which is needed by plants in photosynthesis.
Organic lawn maintenance is the best choice in keeping your grass healthier and safe for people, pets, and the environment. It makes use of 100% natural products in feeding the soil with the necessary nutrients to allow them to fight pests and diseases.
For more information about organic lawn care, reach out to us here at LawnCare.Net. We can connect you with lawn care experts that can answer your questions and provide the services and lawn care plans tailored to you and your outdoor space.