Sustainable Lawncare Leaders Scholarship
LawnCare.net is proud to offer a $500 scholarship to a qualified undergraduate student pursuing a career in sustainable botany, horticulture, landscape architecture, or related field. LawnCare.net believes that sustainable practices are the key to a healthy planet, and actively supports the environmental service industry. This scholarship is intended to raise awareness of various environmental sustainability initiatives, and to highlight the efforts of those pursuing careers in these fields.
The scholarship will be awarded to the student who best demonstrates the potential to be a leader and innovator of green practices in the pursuit of his or her career. Candidates must be United States citizens or legal residents enrolled full-time at an accredited college, university, or trade school.
- February 12, 2013: Application period begins
- July 1, 2013; 11:59pm: Deadline for application submission
- July 22, 2013: Scholarship recipient selected & notified
- August 5, 2013: Scholarship recipient announced on LawnCare.net
Note: Please do not direct any inquiries or submit any questions regarding the scholarship to any phone number or forms located at www. LawnCare.net, as that website is intended for LawnCare.net customers intending to purchase products or services only. Contact information for the Sustainable Lawncare Leaders Scholarship is provided below.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Here’s how to apply:
To submit an application to be considered for the scholarship, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Scholarship.” Include the following in your message:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Middle Initial
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Country of Citizenship
- School Attending
- Graduation Year
- An up-to-date copy of your resume so that we can see the experience you have in your field of study and evidence of sustainability advocacy.
- Your 300-600 word response to the following prompt saved in a Word document:
- Why are you passionate about sustainability?
- How have you been an advocate for “green” practices in your past activities?
- What are 3 ideas you have for integrating sustainability into your future career?
By sending an email submission to us, you certify that all information provided is accurate to the best of your knowledge and that you have read and agree to the terms of this scholarship as outlined in Scholarship Terms & Rules.
PRIVACY STATEMENT: We will not sell, share, or distribute the information you submit with your scholarship application to any third parties. The information you submit will be used only for determining the scholarship recipient and deleted after the selection period.