Scholarship Terms & Rules
SPONSOR : LawnCare.net & Response Mine Interactive
1.a. The Sustainable LawnCare Leaders Scholarship is open only to citizens and legal residents of the United States who are currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or trade school. Applicants must be expected to graduate between December 2013 & May 2016, and be at least 18 years of age to be eligible. Intent to pursue a career in horticulture, botany, landscape architecture, or related field should be clear through the applicant's field of study, experience, and/or written response.
1.b. Current employees, officers, directors and agents of LawnCare.net, Response Mine Interactive, and their related companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings and children) and persons residing at the same address are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Starting February 12, 2013, interested students may submit an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with all necessary information to be considered for the scholarship as outlined on the Sustainable LawnCare Leaders Scholarship page. Submissions will no longer be accepted after July 1, 2013. Submissions will only be accepted by email to email@example.com, and any application submitted in any other form will not be considered. The response to the prompt must be no less than three-hundred (300) and not more than six-hundred (600) words and must be written in English. No additional drafts, modifications, amendments, or substitutions will be accepted once an application has been submitted. Written responses that do not address the questions of the prompt will be disqualified. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or unintelligible entries. By submitting an application and written response, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to these scholarship rules and the decisions of the sponsor, which are final and binding.
3. SELECTION OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT. By July 22, 2013, a panel consisting of two lawn care industry professionals, two Response Mine Interactive employees, and one alumnus of a landscape architecture degree program will select one recipient from all submissions that meet the requirements listed above, and reflects extraordinary potential based upon originality, evidence of a passion for sustainability, and overall quality of the application. The potential recipient will be notified via email and will be required to sign and submit all required documents necessary to award the scholarship, including any documents necessary to submit the scholarship to the recipient's undergraduate institution or trade school. Sponsor shall have no liability for any email to the potential winner that is not received, for any reason, by the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to award the scholarship to runner-ups if initial recipients do not respond or accept the prize within seven (7) days of the timestamp of the notification email. If the number of applications is insufficient to generate an adequate pool from which a qualified recipient can be fairly selected, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to extend the application deadline to a later date. All notices will be delivered to scholarship candidates to the email address provided in their application.
4. PRIZE. One (1) Recipient will receive a Scholarship Prize in the amount of five hundred dollars and zero cents ($500.00). The Scholarship Prize will be awarded in the form of a check made payable to the accredited college or trade school attended by the Scholarship Prize Recipient. Scholarship Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, or modified except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. No cash equivalent prizes will be awarded. The selected recipient must provide the following to Sponsor within three (3) weeks of notification that he or she has been the selected to receive the scholarship:
- Official transcript
· Completed publicity release form
· Proof of school enrollment
· Copy of one form of identification
· Signed agreement to notify Recipient's school of the Scholarship Prize
· Any additional tax documents that Sponsor may request to complete the award
The disbursement of the scholarship is contingent upon full compliance with these official rules. If the Scholarship Prize Recipient refuses to submit any of the above documents or fails to do so within three (3) weeks of notification, the Scholarship Prize will be forfeited, and the first runner-up shall then be awarded the prize. Sponsor is not liable for any taxes resulting from the award or for any financial aid eligibility reductions based upon the amount awarded. Applicants understand that Sponsor is not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this Scholarship Program and acceptance, possession and use of Scholarship Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Scholarship Program or in the announcement of the Scholarship Prize. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of Scholarship Prize Recipients. Scholarship Prize Recipients will be issued 1099 tax forms.
5. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, the Scholarship Prize Recipient agrees that Sponsor may, without limitation, further compensation, or notice, use the Recipient's name on the LawnCare.net website.
6. OWNERSHIP: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sponsor will own your submission, and (b) Sponsor will own all publishing rights in and to the submission. The written response from the Scholarship Prize Recipient provided with the application will be published on the LawnCare.net website with due credit given to the author. In the case that content is scrapped from the website, all submissions shall be the property of LawnCare.net and Sponsor shall not be liable for any claim of copyright infringement of such content from the author.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, Applicant agrees that by participating in this Scholarship Program, all questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor and their agents, shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Applicant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Scholarship Program, or the awarding of any prize hereunder, shall be filed exclusively in the state or federal courts of the State of Georgia and Applicant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, Applicant agrees that by participating in this Scholarship Program: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Scholarship Program, or awarding of the Scholarship Prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Scholarship Program but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and such participant hereby expressly waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, as well as any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
8. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. Each person who enters this Scholarship Program represents and warrants to Sponsor that: (i) the Application is the Applicant's own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the Application is wholly original with Applicant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the Application neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the Application does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the Submission Requirements set forth above. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
9. NO OBLIGATION TO USE. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any winning Application, or to otherwise exploit a winning Application or continue the development, production, distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the winning Application for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and the Scholarship Prize Recipients shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
10. IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ - GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering the Scholarship Program, each Applicant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor, its related companies, affiliates, and each such company's respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive Applications due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures,errors, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an Applicant's ability to participate in the Scholarship Program; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Scholarship Program and/or the use of any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the Applicant's rights of publicity or privacy, or any claim for defamation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant's computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Scholarship Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. This scholarship program is subject to all U. S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
11. SPONSOR'S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Scholarship Program by any event beyond its reasonable control, then Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Scholarship Program.
12. THE SCHOLARSHIP PRIZE RECIPIENT: The name of the Scholarship Prize Recipient of this Scholarship Program will be posted on the Sponsor's Website no later than August 1, 2013.
13. SPONSOR: The Scholarship Program is sponsored by LawnCare.net and Response Mine Interactive.
Response Mine Interactive
390 Peachtree Road, Suite 800
Atlanta, GA 30326,
PRIVACY STATEMENT: We will not sell, share, or distribute the information you submit through the online scholarship application to any third parties. The information you submit will be used for the sole purpose of selecting the scholarship recipient deemed, in the sole discretion of the five judges, to be most qualified. After August 2013, all contact information collected through scholarship applications will be deleted.